Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tis the Season

of 80 degree weather in Taiwan......

Rob and I are keeping the holiday alive in Taiwan by putting up some Christmas decorations around the apartment. By some, I mean a Christmas tree and stockings. What else do we really need? I was feeling apprehensive about spending the holiday in a foreign country away from tradition, family and friends, (I really really love Christmas) and Rob must have known because he surprised me on December 1st by putting up two stockings and filling mine with a little present. He is the greatest.

After that, we decided we needed a tree. We didn't want to buy one because it would just end up as garbage so we got crafty. Our ornaments are memories. A bowtie from Rob's Halloween costume. A scroll from a trip to a Buddhist temple. A toy car from a Halloween party. A postcard from a bed and breakfast in Haulien. A CD from school. An iPhone case from the SIM card Rob bought but has yet to activate. And a shell from the beach in Kenting. Of course we have traditional golden balls as well. I think it is the most beautiful tree.

Here is our Christmas card picture this year :)


Here's another gem that we found at our grocery store. I thought this rendition of "ginger bread house"
is hilarious

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your Christmas tree! The memory ornaments are so neat, what a good idea!

    ReplyDelete