Friday, October 12, 2012

National Day

We celebrated Taiwan's birthday this Wednesday which meant that Rob and I had a day off form work. It was wonderful. Rob knew about a book store that had an English floor in it so we thought we would go check it out. We ended up spending quite a pretty penny on some really great books. I have really missed having books. In my opinion (and Rob would like to second this sentiment), ereaders can not compare to an actual book. After indulging our book fetishes we went across the street to a bakery called The Petit Prince. We just got done reading a book called The Little Prince (everyone should read this book!!) and thought it was a perfect coincidence.

We thought that we would go exploring a little after this since we had the day off. We ended up at the Martyrs Shrine. We just happened to run into a friendly gentleman who told us that this was the perfect place to be on this day because it was a shrine dedicated to all the soldiers in Taiwan. It also had a very beautiful view of the harbor. It was a blissfully wonderful day.

The girl working in the shop gave me a free cupcake. I think she thought it was my
birthday because I kept looking at their awesome cakes. 

This would look much better if the air wasn't so polluted, but it is still quite a site to see. 

leading up to the shrine. 


The perpetual wanderer. 



1 comment: