Sunday, February 24, 2013

First Week Back

It has been a fun yet crazy week. Sadly, we had to work on Saturday to make up the Friday we missed last week. I think it's silly, of course. The Taiwanese do not understand the meaning of "a day off". They are very hard workers here. I guess we just got used to the wonderful vacation we were having and getting back to work, especially on the weekend, seemed a little unjust.

We did get a few surprises this week that made it really special for us. It is always fun to hear from and associate with our family and friends, and this week we received TWO packages. We couldn't believe it! We requested some things from my parents (of course this is Lauren writing because I am not nearly as eloquent in writing as my better half) and we were expecting to get a package from them, but they surprised us with some Valentine goodies. Thanks guys! We also received a Christmas/Birthday/Valentines/February surprise package from Gavin and Tiffany. We have the best family in the world!

I have learned from our families examples how much it means to reach out to those we love. I will try to show more support and love to my family and friends. I know I can't send out care packages to everyone but I hope my family knows I love them.

1 comment: