Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sweet Potato Month

Yes many of you were unaware but last month was National Sweet Potato Month. I don't know who makes up these things but I kept hearing about it from various eating/cooking blogs etc. Of course, I was a fan of dedicating an entire month to celebrate one of my favorite foods. I think if there was only one food that I could pick to eat the rest of my life it would be the sweet potato. Everything goes perfectly with a sweet potato. Taiwan has increased my love for this delectable vegetable because they have a few different kinds here. Instead of french fries the street vendors cook up some really thick sweet potato fries and they are the best!

I of course had to celebrate on the last day of the month with some fries, mashed sweet potatoes and some sweet potato curry. All of which were delicious, or in Chinese (how chshi). Yeah Chinese is hard for me. If any of you need any ideas on how to use a sweet potato instead of the normal Thanksgiving marshmallow stuff try this out.   http://www.meatlessmonday.com/super-spicy-curry/

I don't really follow recipes very much but this one combines two of my favorite things: curry and sweet potatoes. So Good!

1 comment:

  1. That recipe looks delicious, and easy. I'll try it out! We love curry. Do you use the mint it calls for? I never have fresh mint, but if you think it adds good flavor maybe I'll buy some.

    ReplyDelete