Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Strange Visit

Last night we got to meet up with somebody that was in Rob's mission at the same time he was. I think it is strange that we've had contact with two people who served their mission in the Philippines here. The other one, Nathan, teaches at the school with us. It was a very interesting dinner as he was very content to be silent. His friend, Allen, was Taiwanese and although he had a pretty good grasp on English he was also content to use as little as possible of it. I thought Rob and I carried the conversation quite nicely, but I always like our company so I'm biased. It is nice to know that we have friends here in Taiwan though and I was grateful for the chance to meet up with one of Rob's mission buddies.

It was about a twenty minute scooter ride to where we were meeting him, and the sun was just setting when we got there. It was lovely so I snapped some pictures before going to dinner.




1 comment:

  1. Lol--I always like your company too! Beautiful purple flowers, I like the bit of nature with all the huge buildings behind.

    ReplyDelete