Saturday, September 29, 2012

Middle Moon Festival 1

Middle moon festival is a holiday celebrating the changing of the seasons or lunar cycles I guess because there really isn't much of seasons here. There are a lot of family reunions at this time and we've been told it is comparable to Thanksgiving in America. At work all of the employees were given a lovely gift of moon cakes. I did not get this treat because I'm sort of not an employee. Instead, I got apples. Jokes on you guys!! The apples were a million times better.

The apple is HUGE! It tasted like pure honey. 

This is a moon cake. The center part is black licorice flavored that feels like chalky jelly.
Oh, and there is a salted duck egg in the middle. The cake part is really tasty though haha. 

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I think I'd be happier with the apple too. That cake looks a little suspect...

    And I just used lol on two english teachers' blog. Sorry you two. Hope internet slang doesn't make you want to cry.

    ReplyDelete