Saturday, September 8, 2012

Our First Week

We have completed our first week of teaching. It has been a lot of the same thing for all of our classes. The school is set up to where we have a schedule more like a professor than a regular high school teacher. We have a lot of different classes all over the campus so we pretty much taught the same lesson all week. Introduce yourself have the kids introduce themselves etc. We didn't have textbooks all week so we just had to wing it. Rob is really good at that and I think I am getting better. Honestly, I really enjoyed it this week. I still have a ton of questions and it feels like no one is there to answer them. I get frustrated sometimes with the lack of organization at the school, but Rob is always there to calm me down and work it out.

We were able to go to an activity with the English office on Saturday at an art museum. The school forgot to call ahead (organization) so there was not an English tour guide available for all of us so Rob and I got a personal tour. The whole point was to listen to a English tour guide so it was sad that it didn't work out for the Chinese teachers. It was fun for us though and we got to go to lunch with the office as well. It has been nice for us to meet new people.

This was a river in front of the museum and I thought it was just a lovely view. I love the
palm trees on the left. 


This is inside the museum and behind Rob is a painting of a panoramic  view of Kaohsiung. 

No comments:

Post a Comment