Sunday, August 5, 2012

Free Time

In my opinion, people need to have things to do. It just makes our life so much more interesting and well, keeps us going. To have two months of essentially unemployment in a foreign country has been a very interesting thing. Yes, it is like a two month vacation but it also can be a little, I don't want to say boring, but less than exciting. Thankfully I have the ever adventurous Rob who plans some really exciting trips. I think we have done some really cool things while we've been here, and it has given us a lot of time to catch up on our list of books to read. Not to mention I've really learned a lot about Rob. I am surprised every time I learn something new after almost ten years of knowing him. I really feel lucky to have this time to spend with him.
 A lot of people have asked us what we do day to day and there really isn't an answer to that. We can do pretty much whatever we want. What would you do if you could have all the free time in the world? And be honest with yourself. I think it makes me lazier and Rob more motivated. The man plans educational hours for himself where he studies language and listens to lectures. (the man is a powerhouse) So if you have any suggestions for me... books I should read, movies I should watch, skills I should learn, or things I should look for in a foreign country please let me know. I'm all ears. At least for the next month because after that I'm pretty sure I will be stressed about teaching for ten months. 

1 comment:

  1. I admire Rob's discipline-- that's not my strongpoint either. I know I'm a little late on this since you are already teaching, but have you read Benjamin Franklin's autobiography yet? You can download it for free onto your iPad. It's a great book.

    ReplyDelete