Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hong Kong

We had a little surprise on Monday.

Our internet wasn't working Monday morning, which was a real shame because that is when we usually get to communicate with people. We went to the school office to see if there was anything they could do to help us. Instead we were taken to the visa office across town to get my visa renewed. I still don't have and ARC card or a work visa. It turns out that I had been in Taiwan 7 days too long and I was being forced to leave the country. So.... two hours later I was on my way to the airport.

This is the Kaohsiung airport where I flew out from at 2:10.

This is me with a whole row to myself flying to Hong Kong. The flight only took 1 hr 5 min and they fed us a full meal. Awesome.
This is the huge airport in Hong Kong. I got off my flight and had just enough time to get through security and get across the airport to make it to my other flight for boarding at 4:10.
Luckily, I had enough time to snap this photo just to prove that I really was there.

I was back in Kaohsiung by 6:00 and successfully navigated my way through the train system to get myself back in Daliao. Rob was waiting for me at the train station with umbrellas. We walked home in a little bit of a typhoon. It was an adventure for sure. By the end of the day we had accomplished a lot of things. None of which included getting our internet back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment