Friday, April 26, 2013

What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?

We've all had this questioned asked of us before. I've never had a really good answer. You want the answer to be some funny story that will make everyone laugh. It can't be too embarrassing and it can't be too common place. I feel I now have the perfect response to this question.

On Friday I was working with Emma. I tutor her for the first hour every morning. We have had our ups and downs together but lately it has been really good. She actually plays with me most days. I can't really remember what happened but I had to reprimand her for trying to hit me. This upset her and she started her fake, whine, cry. She has started really wanting to be held by me.  I was across the room so I went over to pick her up. Now, most days I wear a skirt or flowy pants so I am not used to restrictions. Today I was wearing real pants. My squatting to pick up Emma was a little too much for them to handle. Sure enough they split from the top of my pants all the way down my leg.

I had to walk all the way across campus to get back to my office and students stare at me anyways so it was a long walk. Rob had a good laugh and we were able to walk home and get a change of clothes. I guess that's one more pare of pants I don't have to worry about packing home :)

1 comment:

  1. That is some serious rippage! :) I'm sure you rocked it though, walking across campus with your head held high!

    ReplyDelete